Revised to take effect for 2013-2014 IAAP Year
All criteria are mandatory to qualify as a 2013-2014 Chapter of Excellence.
Revisions and clarifications to the 2013-2014 criteria are identified by bold/underlined text.
IAAP Headquarters Membership Department reserves the right to request original documentation of criteria earned.
All forms and information submitted must be received by the specified deadlines. You must submit your criteria to your Division and may also submit criteria to the Pathways email, email@example.com.
There will be no library to upload documents this year. Everything must be submitted to your Division and via email to the Pathways email inbox. The best practice for this process is to send the email with criteria submissions to the Division with a copy (in the CC line of the email) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that all criteria are listed in due date order.
Revised Criteria as of July 1, 2013
Each year, the CoE award will include one of the following two options: a $100 IAAP gift certificate or $150 credit toward subscription to the IAAP Web Community.
Download Criteria, Audit Suggestions and Evaluation Forms here
- Chapter sends a delegate or submits a proxy to the International Education Forum and Annual Meeting held in the current IAAP fiscal year.
- Chapter submits annual meeting calendar with education and/or training topics to the members with a copy to the division by October 1. (Calendar should include programming to meet the requirements of Criteria #6.)
- Chapter submits budget and annual financial review/audit report to the members with a copy to the division by November 1.
- Chapter develops and updates business plan. Chapter submits business plan to members with a copy to the division by April 30.
- Chapter holds at least one Membership Drive between July 1 and May 31. Chapter submits completed Membership Drive Evaluation form to the division by June 1.
- Chapter holds events that count for at least 6 recertification points throughout the year. Chapter submits completed Chapter Educational Meetings Evaluation form to the division by June 1.
- Chapter sends a delegate or submits a proxy (if allowed by division bylaws) to the Division Annual Meeting held in the current IAAP fiscal year.
- Chapter holds at least one New Member Orientation between July 1 and June 25. (New members in attendance must have joined IAAP within the current IAAP fiscal year.) Chapter submits New Member Orientation Evaluation form to the division by June 25.
- As of June 15 of the current IAAP fiscal year, at least 7% of the chapter members (if 7% is fewer than two members, then at least 2 members) must achieve Member of Excellence.