Member of Excellence 2015-2016
Revised Criteria as of August 14, 2015
Program date begins July 1, 2015. Applications open September 1, 2015.
The deadline for submitting the Member of Excellence Application is June 1, 2016.
Criterion of the
- Submissions must be made online using the online
- A Member of Excellence will receive a PDF
certificate and Member of Excellence logo.
Submit your Member of Excellence application here.
For questions or assistance please contact Kelli Nelson at email@example.com.
- A Member of Excellence will attain a minimum of
8 of the following 14 criteria.
1. Hold a current IAAP Certification.
2. Attend at least one professional educational workshop, seminar, webinar, or conference (at least 60 minutes in length) and provide a short paragraph on how the training relates to your job or your role in IAAP. It can be an IAAP or non-IAAP workshop, seminar, or conference.
3. Serve as a member of the IAAP Board of Directors, member of The Foundation of IAAP Board, Branch Advisor, LAN Coordinator, Working Group Chair, Working Group Participant, Committee Chair, or Committee Member, serve on a college/university advisory board for the office administrative program (any one of the above).
4. Conduct a public career/workplace/profession related presentation, program or training at least 60 minutes in length (Note that the presentation does not need to qualify for recertification points). Provide a short paragraph describing your presentation, program, or training event. This may be a presentation on IAAP membership if made to an organization outside of IAAP.
5. Attend a minimum of five (5) of the following: Branch Event, LAN Events, IAAP HQ sponsored meetings, programs or events, or webinars. Working group meetings may count for this criterion.
6. Recruit at least two new members.
7. Integrate IAAP membership and involvement into annual performance plan or review.
8. Be an Association Influencer for the current year.
9. Host a Connections & Cocktails event.
10. Participate in an IAAP HQ sponsored informational/training webinar and provide a short explanation of topics the webinar covered.
11. Contribute to OfficePro, a web community blog (as a writer), be featured in a member spotlight in the web community or create a discussion on LinkedIn.
12. Demonstrate excellence in the workplace (e.g., employee recognition, letter from a boss).
13. Serve as a leader at work or in another organization (such as: United Way, community service organization, work place committee).
14. Refer two speakers to IAAP Approved Programs Database.